Platelet-rich plasma rejuvenation regeneration or PRP, is a surgery-free method that can immediately restore your skin’s youthful appearance by diminishing fine lines, wrinkles and replacing lost volume to the face. Cool Springs MD Chattanooga is pleased to offer this safe and effective procedure to our patients in Chattanooga and the surrounding areas of Tennessee, including Cleveland.
Traditional cosmetic surgery treatments are very expensive and often require prolonged downtime for recovery. PRP rejuvenation is performed as an in-office, out-patient procedure. The simple yet effective procedure uses a combination of traditional dermal fillers and a personalized serum derived from your blood.
What is PRP?
The PRP process begins with a small amount of blood drawn from your arm. The blood is placed in a vial attached to a high-speed, specialized centrifuge. The centrifuge spins the blood causing the plasma to separate from the blood. Once spun, the blood will have a high concentration of the platelet levels of the blood flowing through your veins. This platelet-rich plasma, sometimes called liquid gold, can be injected or even applied topically.
How Does PRP Work?
PRP alters the skin’s outer layer, called the dermis, by essentially “tricking” the body into thinking it has been injured. Calcium is used for certain PRP procedures under the physician’s discretion. Once activated, the mixture produces a mesh of fibrin. When the mixture is injected or applied to the skin topically, the body responds by sending healing cells to the area. These healing cells produce a natural collagen and trigger the production of fibroblasts.
Professional athletes have used PRP rejuvenation for many years. The treatment is used to treat a variety of acute and chronic sports injuries. Athletes use PRP to promote the healing process by injecting the serum near injured joints, tendons, or other soft tissue.
The Key to Success – Tricking the Cells Into Thinking There Is An Injury
The objective of PRP rejuvenation is to restore contour to your face and give your skin a more youthful appearance. The process causes the body to create a thicker dermis which can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Many patients say the procedure even improves their overall skin tone. The key to the success of PRP rejuvenation is that the serum combines with cosmetic dermal fillers such as Restylane®, Radiesse®, or Juvederm®. The combination improves the effectiveness of the filler and helps the treatment to last longer.
PRP Rejuvenation/PRP Facial Options
We offer several different options to patients seeking to improve their appearance through PRP rejuvenation. Patients should carefully consider the advantages of each type of procedure to determine which one is right for them.
Option 1: PRP with Fillers
A treatment using PRP with fillers can improve your skin’s appearance virtually instantaneously. PRP combined with fillers is a very popular treatment option for our patients. The plasma and fillers layer together to smooth and tighten your skin almost immediately. In addition to the almost instantaneous benefits, the procedure also provides long-term benefits. The corrections made using a combination of PRP and fillers often last up to 6 months longer than traditional filler treatments.
Option 2: PRP Injection Therapy Instead of Fillers
Many patients prefer to avoid using artificial dermal fillers. These patients can still take advantage of PRP injections. The results may be less dramatic than with fillers; however, most patients see their skin improve as their body creates natural fillers. This type of therapy is most effective in treating the following areas:
- Horizontal lines on the neck
- Crow’s feet
- Fine facial lines
Option 3: PRP Facial
The PRP facial process involves using a microneedle to artificially “injure” the skin. The serum is applied topically to the skin. This triggers the body’s healing response, flooding the area with natural fillers and collagen.
Advantages of PRP Rejuvenation REGENERATION
- The procedure is effective whether used with or without fillers.
- The procedure is effective for both male and female patients.
- The process enhances the effectiveness of other treatments such as dermal fillers and laser resurfacing.
- PRP uses serum from your own blood, so there is no chance of an allergic reaction.
- The procedure only causes minimal swelling or lumps, so there is a reduced recovery time.
WOW-Shot for Women
- Improves sexual arousal and desire.
- Increases natural vaginal secretions for better lubrication.
- Increases the sense of intimate bonding.
- Increases frequency of orgasms.
- Increases orgasm strength.
- Relieves symptoms of painful intercourse.
- Eliminates stress incontinence in 90% of patients.
- The WOW-shot has few, if any, side effects. Some patients report minor spotting the first 12 hours after the injection.
- Requires no recovery time.
- Most patients notice results in as little as three weeks.
- Full effects are usually achieved within three months and may last for a year or longer.
- The WOW-shot is non-hormonal. The shot restores sexual function without raising estrogen levels, so it is safe for patients with a history of breast cancer.
POW-Shot for Men
- Restores sexual arousal and desire.
- Improves the strength, length, and frequency of orgasms.
- The procedure is virtually pain-free.
- The process carries no risk of allergic reaction since it uses your own plasma and growth factors.
- PRP provides greater benefits and fewer risks than other procedures since it utilizes your own plasma cells.
- Results can last almost indefinitely; however, some men prefer to get annual boosters.
- Requires no recovery time.
- Some patients notice results within a couple of days. Full effects are usually achieved within three months and may last for more than a year.
PRP Hair Restoration
- PRP has been used to restore hair growth in men and women since the 1990s.
- PRP is even effective in patients with most significant types of hair loss.
- PRP stimulates the production of dermal fibroblasts. This increases blood flow to the scalp. The extra nutrients and oxygen at the follicles stimulates hair growth.
- PRP is a safe and effective alternative to surgery.
- PRP provides clotting and growth factors promoting natural healing.
- PRP hair restoration typically requires minimal recovery time.
- Some patients see hair growth in as little as a few weeks; however, most achieve results within five to eight months.
PRP Facials (with Microneedling)
- Reduces or eliminates fine lines and wrinkles on the face.
- Increases blood flow to the skin and stimulates the production of collagen.
- Increases the thickness of the outer layer of skin.
- Restores a more youthful complexion.
- Improves the appearance of crow’s feet, facial folds, and acne scars.
- Restores the skin’s texture, color, and tone.
- Creates a more youthful facial contour by restoring lost volume.
- Requires no surgery and only minimal recovery time.
- The procedure causes little discomfort since a topical numbing cream is applied to the skin before the injection.
- Most patients see results gradually over several weeks or months following the injections.
- PRP can increase the effectiveness of microneedling by as much as 1000 percent.
- The best results are achieved with a series of four treatments at three-month intervals followed by an annual maintenance treatment.
PRP Scar and/or Stretch-Mark Treatment
- Increases blood flow in the affected area and stimulates the creation of natural fillers including collagen.
- Improves the appearance of scar texture, tone, and color.
- Reduces the appearance of scars by restoring lost volume.
- PRP is a non-surgical treatment option.
- A topical numbing cream is applied to the injection site, so there is virtually no discomfort.
- Most patients report results that develop gradually over the weeks and months following the injection.
- Most patients require multiple treatments to achieve maximum results.
- Results of PRP tend to be 1000 percent greater than with microneedling alone.
If you live in Chattanooga or the surrounding area of Tennessee, like Cleveland, contact us to schedule a consultation. Our highly trained professionals would be happy to discuss how PRP rejuvenation regeneration and our other treatments may benefit you.