A good gynecologist is critical to a woman’s health and wellness routine. The right doctor should be warm and competent with an inviting environment to match. River City Women’s Specialists provides premiere gynecological and obstetrics services to women and adolescents of Chattanooga and Hixson, TN.
What is Gynecology?
Gynecology is a branch of medicine that deals specifically with the functions and conditions relating to the female reproductive system. Once a woman starts her menstrual cycle or becomes sexually active, it is recommended she visit the gynecologist once a year for regular wellness checks and testing. Drs. Rowland and Jonson, both board-certified OB/GYNs, understand it’s important to be comfortable with your gynecologist as they often address intimate and sensitive issues.
How Much Does Gynecology Cost in Chattanooga, TN?
The cost of your gynecological treatments is going to heavily depend on the type of service you desire and your health insurance plan. While many of the services provided by River City Women’s Specialists are covered by health insurance, it is still the responsibility of the patient to pay for any co-payments or deductibles. We participate with most commercial insurance plans, as well as TN and GA Medicaids.
What Gynecology Services are Offered?
River City Women’s Specialists is committed to making sure patients get all the services they need all in one place. We offer a variety of gynecology services to women, including:
- Robotic and laparoscopic gynecology surgeries. Robotic and laparoscopic gynecology surgeries are cutting edge procedures that use small cameras and robotic arms to perform the surgery. Drs. Rowland and Jonson use this technique to get small and precise incisions so you can have the best surgical experience possible.
- Incontinence and bladder surgeries. Incontinence is a problem women often face after pregnancy or with age. A weak pelvic floor causes small and sudden urinary leaks, which can be both inconvenient and embarrassing. Drs. Rowland and Jonson offer incontinence and bladder surgeries to remedy this problem.
- Tubal ligation, Nexplanon®, and Mirena®. We offer a variety of birth control solutions including tubal ligation, commonly known as “getting your tubes tied,” the Nexplanon® birth control arm implant, and the Mirena® intrauterine device.
- Management of various gynecological conditions. Some of the gynecological conditions we treat include the management of endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), irregular periods, etc.
- Well-woman exams. Women who are menstruating and sexually active are strongly advised to get regular well-woman exams once a year. These exams are a wellness check-up to make sure your most intimate areas are healthy and free of diseases.
- Hormone replacement therapy. As we grow older, our hormones start to deplete. This process can start wreaking havoc on our bodies. Drs. Rowland and Jonson offer hormone replacement therapy for women to balance out their bodily functions.
- Pap tests with or without HPV testing. Human Papillomavirus is a common sexually transmitted infection characterized by warts on the body. While usually harmless on its own, it can lead to various strains of cancer. Drs. Rowland and Jonson offer regular Pap smears and HPV testing for women in the area.
It’s important to make sure you are comfortable getting the care you need for your most intimate areas. River City Women’s Specialists provides premiere gynecological and obstetrics services to women and adolescents of Chattanooga and Hixson, TN. Contact us today to schedule your one-on-one consultation.